King's Entry and Parliament Square (11). The alley to the right of the property was once known as King's Entry in honour of the visit of King James VI in 1602. The current house is from the late 19th century and has a crow step gable facing Castle Street. The area to the left of the building, which is now the roadway, was known as Parliament Square. This may have been to commemorate the Union of the Parliaments of England and Scotland in 1707.
Before continuing up Castle Street, carefully cross the road to the Sheriff Court at the east end of Newtown Street. This end of the street was where the town's cattle markets were held.