Unveiled on Sunday 9th January 2005, this new window is the first to be installed in the church since those in the 1880's which replaced those destroyed in the fire of 1879.
The window consists of two panels, the left one depicting the Regimental badge surrounded by the dicing worn on their Glengarry cap, and outside that, the thistles which appear on their colours. Above is the dove representing the Holy Spirit.
Between the panels is a pillar, uniting the two and recalling the Regimantal motto - "Nisi Dominus Frustra" ("He that builds without the Lord buildeth in vain" from Psalm 127)
The right panel also has the dove, and below it the descending rays which represent the traditional gifts of the Holy spirit. Below are the White Horse of Hanover and the Sphinx, both granted to the regiment to be carried on the Colours to commemorate battles, while the surround again is the dicing, this time accompanied by Roses recalling the Battle of Minden and the part played by the Regiment in winning it. Roses were worn in their hats by the soldiers as they went into battle.
Below, across the whole window, is a representation of the River Tweed, with the Eildon Hills beyond, and the symbolic Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. At the foot of each panel is the Roman numeral XXV, recalling that the KOSB are the 25th Regiment of Foot.
The window was commissioned by Mrs Olive Gow, in memory of Lt. Col Peter B Gow, an elder of Duns Parish Church, and was designed and made by Douglas Hogg of Gordon, who has been responsible for many well known windows in Scotland and beyond.